LATE UPDATE: 2020 Art Ball Chair Brian Bolke just sent word that the spring black-tie favorite Dallas Museum of Art fundraiser slated for Saturday, April 18, has been canceled. According to DMA Eugene McDermott Director Agustin Arteaga, “We are deeply indebted to Ball Chair Brian Bolke who brought a dynamic vision to this year’s gala. We are also appreciative of you, our supporters, who have given so generously as sponsors and underwriters in support of Art Ball 55… and planning into the future, we look forward to celebrating with you on April 10, 2021, for a spectacular event.” It should be noted that the the DMA is “closed to the public until further notice.”
Today lived up to its Friday the 13th reputation. To briefly bring you up to date with the repercussions resulting from the recent declaration of a Local State of Disaster, here is a list of fundraisers and programs that have been affected today:
- Community Partners of Dallas’ Chick Lit Luncheon scheduled for Friday, March 27, at the Hilton Anatole
- Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center’s Appetite For Advocacy scheduled on Friday, March 27, at the Dallas Sheraton Hotel
- Turtle Creek Conservancy’s Easter In The Park and Pooch Parade scheduled for Sunday, April 12, at Turtle Creek Park
- Children’s Cancer Fund Gala scheduled for Friday, April 17, at the Hilton Anatole
- The Dallas Opera has canceled all performances and education and community engagement involvement until Tuesday, April 28
- Kimbell Art Museum is is canceling all public programs and events through Wednesday, April 15
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden’s Corporate Sponsorship Appreciation Dinner scheduled for Tuesday, March 17; The Grand Tasting scheduled for Thursday, March 26; and Food and Wine Festival scheduled for Saturday, March 28, and Sunday, March 29, have been postponed to a later date
- Center For BrainHealth’s Branch Award Event scheduled for Tuesday, March 31, has been postponed to the fall.
- Dwell With Dignity’s Thrift Studio Preview Party scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, and the Thrift Studio Pop-Up scheduled for Thursday, April 2, through Saturday, May 2, have been postponed to the fall.
- St. Philip’s School and Community Center’s Bingo, BBQ and Blues scheduled for Thursday, April 23, has been postponed to the fall
- Diocese of Dallas public masses through Tuesday, March 31
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra performances until Sunday, March 22
- The Dallas Institute is suspending all programs until Wednesday, April 15
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center until further notice
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden’s Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden until further notice
- Dallas Zoo until Friday, March 20
- Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park until Friday, March 20
- City of Dallas libraries through Friday, March 20
- Neighborhood cultural centers (Bath House Cultural Center, Latino Cultural Center, Oak Cliff Cultural Center and South Dallas Cultural Center) through Friday, March 20
- Recreation centers including athletic fields through Friday, March 20
- The Perot Museum of Natural and Science until Friday, March 20
- Dallas Museum of Art until further notice
These changes join those that were announced yesterday.
MySweetCharity will continue to monitor changes within the North Texas nonprofits resulting from the COVID-19 as developments take place. In the meantime, wash your hands with soap and make donations to the area nonprofits that are hurting due to cancellations, postponements and closures. They may not be able to have their fundraisers, but their missions can continue with your help.