For weeks, Community Partners of Dallas’ President/CEO Paige McDaniel and Development and Communications VP Joanna Clarke have been busting at the seams to share a secret — the 2020 Chick Lit Luncheon’s headliner. Now the big day of reveal has come.
The ladies at the helm of this year’s fundraiser include Co-Chairs Sally Dutter and Beth Thoele, Honorary Chair Tracey Kozmetsky, Underwriting Co-Chairs Lacie Crow, Patti Flowers, Rachel Osburn, Dee Velvin and Samantha Wortley and Raffle Chair Tiffany Lawson.
Returning as the presenting sponsor are Lara and Dr. Robert Tafel.
But before announcing who will be in the spotlight on Friday, March 27, at the Hilton Anatole, here are some clues:
- S/he is an Academy Award winner.
- S/he has written nine books.
- S/he has never been married but has two kids.
- S/he was the only member of the original “Hair” cast not to be naked, but did bare all 35 years later.
- S/he has starred in movies with Al Pacino, Goldie Hawn, Warren Beatty, Candice Bergen, Sam Shepard, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jack Nicholson, Sissy Spacek and Keanu Reeves.
- S/he hasn’t been on a date in 35 years.
- S/he was the 45th AFI Lifetime Achievement Awardee.
- S/he made the phrase, “La-di-da” famous.
Figured out who the speaker will be? Follow the jump and start gathering together a table. You won’t want to miss this one!
The 2020 Chick Lit Luncheon keynoter will be Diane Keaton!
According to Paige, “We are incredibly honored to have the inimitable Diane Keaton as our keynote speaker for the 14th annual Chick Lit Luncheon, our largest annual fundraiser. Diane needs no introduction with standout-out roles in television and films, such as ‘Annie Hall,’ ‘The Godfather’ series, ‘Father of the Bride I and II,’ ‘Something’s Gotta Give,’ ‘The First Wives Club’ and many more. We are delighted to share this living legend with Chick Lit devotees.”
Tables are going for $2,500 right now. Individual tickets, if there are any, will go on sale in early March.
* Photo credit: Dana Driensky ** Graphic provided by Community Partners of Dallas