With a week still to go, Dallas CASA’s Champion Of Children Award Dinner at the Omni Dallas Hotel is already sold out! Was there any doubt? Afterall, Event Co-Chairs Janice and Richard Davis, Hannah and Greg May and Virginia and Edward Schaefer have arranged to have an incredible lineup of bold facers.
For instance, Jessica and Dirk Nowitzki will receive the Judge Barefoot Sanders Champion of Children Award that annually “recognizes community leaders who significantly improve the lives of children in our community, particularly those whose young lives have been marked by abuse, neglect or other adversity.”
In addition to Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson and his wife Nikki Johnson serving as honorary co-chairs, the keynote speaker will be Judge Rosemarie Aquilina, who “who allowed more than 150 abuse survivors to testify in court against former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar.”
If you hadn’t made your reservations, there’s good news. The Dallas CASA team has created a wait list, so contact Becca Leonard pronto to put your name down and keep your fingers crossed.
- Platinum: Exxon Mobil Corporation, Pioneer Natural Resources with Fran and Mark Berg, Bill Smith and Jim Thompson
- Crystal: Citi, Crest Cadillac / Crest Infiniti / Crest Volvo with Jana and Mike Brosin, Linda and Rob Swartz and Varidesk
- Gold: Anonymous, The Baldridge Foundation, Sandy Capps, Dallas Mavericks Foundation, The Hirsch Family Foundation, The Hoglund Foundation, J.P. Morgan, Locke Lord LLP, Cynt and Kenneth Marshall, The Rosewood Corporation and Kay and Bob Schleckser
- Silver: Suzanne McCarron and Robert Andrews / Ricki and Randy Ebner / Margaret and Jaime Spellings, Priscilla and Corey Anthony, Comerica Bank, Janice and Richard Davis / Morgan Lewis and Brockius LLP, KDC, Deborah Ackerman and John Lozier, Hannah and Greg May, Jessica and Dirk Nowitzki, Wilemia Shaw, Thompson and Knight Foundation and The Yotides Family
- Bronze: Christine and Jonathan Bassham, Suzanne Bryan, CB Choi Family Foundation, Margaret, Barbara and Ben Cervin; Children’s Health, Bela and Chase Cooley / Megan and Tom Sterquell, Meredith Davis, Pam and Craig Fletcher, Suzanne and John Gibson, Retta A. Miller / Jackson Walker L.L.P., Stacey and Bud Moore, Nokia, Karen and Randy O’Hare, Paula and Scott Orr, Stephen B.L. Penrose, Gina and Randall Porter, Helen and Frank Risch, Jan Sanders, SAP America Inc., Virginia and Edward Schaefer, Lauren and Tyler Scimeca, Shirley and William S. McIntyre Foundation, Slingshot, Texas Instruments and The Wales Family Foundation
* Photo provided by Dallas CASA