Leap Year’s Saturday, February 29, appears to be the most popular day of the year so far for fundraising. The Junior Achievement pf Dallas has just staked it claim on that date for its Dallas Business Hall of Fame fundraiser at the Omni Dallas.
Fundraising champ/entrepreneur/2013 HoF-er Bobby B. Lyle is chairing the event that will have The Container Store CEO Melissa Reiff, Woodbine Development’s John Scovell and Energy Transfer Chairman/CEO Kelcy Warren join a heady group of past inductees including:
- 1999 — Robert H. Dedman Sr., Ebby Halliday and Herbert D. Kelleher
- 2000 — Ray L. Hunt, Liz Minyard and Carl Sewell Sr.
- 2001 — Norman Brinker, F. Trammell Crow and Erle Nye
- 2002 — Mary Kay Ash, Comer Cottrell and Caroline Rose Hunt
- 2003 — Robert Crandall, Joseph M. Haggar Jr., Ron Steinhart and John Stemmons
- 2004 — Kenneth H. Cooper, Stanley Marcus, Raymond D. Nasher and Jim L. Turner
- 2005 — Al Casey, Ross Perot Sr. and Roger Staubach
- 2006 — Tom Engibous, Jim Keyes and Phil Romano
- 2007 — Colleen Barrett, Thomas O. Hicks and Boone Pickens
- 2008 — Lucy Billingsley, Gerald J. Ford, Erik Jonsson and Michael H. Jordan
- 2009 — Garrett Boone, Kip Tindell, Richard W. Fisher, Walter J. Humann and Vin Prothro
- 2010 — Elaine B. Agather, Albert C. Black, Thomas M. Dunning and Stan Richards
- 2011 — Michael M. Boone, Joseph M. (Jody) Grant, Thomas C. Leppert and Rodger R. Meier
- 2012 — Jack Lowe Jr., Gerald Turner and Trisha Wilson
- 2013 — Karen Katz, Bobby B. Lyle and Trevor Rees-Jones
- 2014 — Ralph W. Babb Jr., Randall L. Stephenson and John C. Tolleson
- 2015 — Joel T. Allison, Louis A. Beecherl Jr., Doug Brooks and David B. Miller
- 2016 — Craig Hall, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Ambassador Ron Kirk and Rich Templeton
- 2017 — Gary Kelly, Pam Patsley and Ross Perot Jr.
- 2018 — Nancy A. Nasher, Robert Rowling and Herbert Weitzman
- 2019 — Edwin L. Cox, John Goff and Milledge A Hart III
* Photo courtesy of Junior Achievement of Dallas