If ever there was a perfect day for outdoor activities in North Texas, today is just about at the top of the list. But 2019 Cattle Baron’s Ball Co-Chairs Wendy Messmann and Lisa Shirley and their committee of 98 aren’t playing tennis, jogging or even sipping adult beverages on patios. They’re at Gilley’s setting up a massive room of silent auction items, stuffing favor bags, schlepping tables and chairs around and preparing for Saturday night’s fundraiser with Travis Tritt on the live auction stage and Keith Urban on the Andrews Distributing Main Stage.
And, no, they’re not putting the Ferris wheel together. They’re letting the professionals handle that chore.
If you’ve got your ticket and duds all picked out, you can rest up for a night of partying and raising funds for the North Texas American Cancer Society. But how about a couple of insider tips before you even arrive:
- The parking tag in your packet will only get you a parking place at Kay Bailey Hutchison Center. It won’t get you in the door at Gilley’s. Make sure that you have your tickets, wrist bands and favor bag ticket. Otherwise, you’ll be spending the evening sitting in your car listening to Travis and Keith from afar.
- Transportation will be provided between your parking lot and Gilley’s via shuttle buses with the last one departing at 2 a.m. Sunday morning.
- If you want to skip the parking lot and shuttle, use Uber, Alto, Lyft, etc. The services will drop off and pick up guests right at the front door.
Upon arrival you’ll want to:
- Register for mobile bidding by texting CBB19 to 5218 or through a GiveSmart Pro.
- Buy a raffle ticket or two or three.
- Celebrate the end of your diet because you’re gonna be grazing all through the night. From servers passing all types of goodies, stations galore (Austin Street, Avocado, Frito Pie, Church Wagon Smokehouse, Campfire Chicken and Chops, Chef-Torched Flatbread, Street Taco), yummy desserts to a late-night buffet, you’ll feast your way around the grounds.
As for the timeline, here goes:
- 6 p.m. — VVIP guests will have access to the invitation-only VIP Baron Party presented by Anne Davidson.
- 7 p.m. —2019 Cattle Baron’s Ball gets underway in the live auction room with Travis Tritt on stage followed by the Live Auction beginning at 8:15 p.m. with auctioneer Mike Jones raising paddles for more than 20 luxury packages. And if music ain’t your thang, there will the Silent Auction Room, the Casino, ride the Ferris wheel with a perfect view of downtown Dallas.
- As soon as the auction finishes up, guests will head to the humongous tent for the announcement of the raffle winners and a concert with Keith.
- Midnight — The After-Party presented by Bumble gets underway in the live auction room.
BTW, as of 2 p.m. there were only 20 individual tickets left for purchase. So, lock ’em down ASAP, so you’ll have your parking tag, wrist bands, tickets and favor bag tickets.
Jeanne, you always nail it. Thank you for keeping us all in the loop.