While it may be hard to get revved up for trick or treating Halloween night with so many homes looking pretty scary from the October 20 slam, the little ones will still be haunting neighborhoods in search of candy.
According to weather-guessers, the temperatures will be in the nippy 40s and sunset will be taking place at 6:37 p.m. That means, the bundled up little ghouls and goblins will be out early.
Here are some Halloween hints:
- With it getting dark early, driving home with trick or treaters rushing around might be a bit of a challenge. Sure, you’re in a rush to get home, but keep your eyes open.
- The temperatures are going to be chilly, so bundle up your kiddos.
- Think about taking a flashlight on your jaunt around the neighborhood with the little princesses and super heroes.
- Area rescue groups are kyboshing adoptions for the time being of black cats and dogs because there are some people who have a warped understanding of the day and the animals. So keep your black critters indoor today.
- If you’re not going to give away candy or run out early, turn your front porch lights off.
- Have a camera on hand to photograph the trick or treaters.
- Check the candy once you get home and don’t try to eat it all tonight.