Due to Sunday night’s tornadic tear up, attendance at this week’s fundraisers has been a bit off. And, of course, today’s drizzle doesn’t help. However, tomorrow morning promises to be warmer and drier for the Dallas Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure around the NorthPark neighborhood.
However, anyone who has tried to drive in North Dallas knows that it’s been a bit of a challenge due to street closures, detours and gawkers. For this reason, the Dallas Police Department issued an “Important Traffic Alert” recommending “attendees to use DART to travel to the race. You will exit at the Park Lane Station and use the Park Lane bridge to cross I-75/Central Expressway.
“If you are driving, expect delays and avoid side streets. The area most impacted is north of the race site. Please allocate 30 additional minutes to your travel time. DPD has identified the following roads to safely access the event site:
- I -75/Central Expressway to the Northwest Highway/Loop 12 Exit
- Dallas North Tollway to the Northwest Highway/Loop 12 Exit
- Northwest Highway/Loop 12
“For a full list of road closures, please refer to DPDBeat.com.”
On the other hand, if you’re bound and determined to drive to the site, here are the suggested parking areas:
- Parking pass is required (you can purchase one here for $20)
- You must pick up your parking pass at one of the designated Packet Pickup times.
- Located in the Macy’s parking garage
- We strongly encourage you to arrive no later than 6:30 AM to account for traffic
- Parking garage behind Nordstrom
And, of course, you can always use one of the ride services. Just have your driver drop you off at Park Lane and walk west to the 5K start line.
* Graphic/photo courtesy of Dallas Komen Race for the Cure