In meteorological circles, North Texas is known as the Super Weather Bowl. And the past couple of weeks have validated that claim. The area has experienced everything from a fierce family of tornadoes to sunshine temperatures in the upper 70s. And now tonight’s thermometers are predicted to drop to below freezing that might result in current wet roads becoming icy.
With that in mind, here are some ideas for preparing for tonight’s freezer:
- Turn off sprinkler systems.
- Wrap pipes.
- Consider dripping faucets.
- Protect plants by either bringing them in or covering them.
- Bring pets indoors.
- Seal up those leaks that seem to pop up around windows and doors this time of year.
- Stock up on comfort food like soups, grilled cheese sandwiches, hot chocolate, etc.
- Put a blanket in the back seat of your car.
- Check your firewood supply.
- Haul out that duvet.
- Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly types.
- Bundle up the kiddos. Ah, but you already knew that.
And what’s planned for Halloween? Sunshine with temperatures ranging from the 30s to the 50s.