According to Friends of Wilkinson Center President Meridith Zidell,
Please join the Friends of Wilkinson Center for our Sixth Annual Spirit of Taos on Saturday, September 14, from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at The Hall on Dragon, located at 1500 Dragon Street in the heart of the Design District.
This fabulous evening, inspired by Taos, New Mexico, will include cocktails, a seated dinner, silent and live auctions, and live entertainment by Special Edition Band along with emcee Jenny Anchondo.
A highlight is this year’s raffle featuring four amazing prizes:
- The Spirit of Taos weekend getaway including a luxurious one-night stay at the Blake Hotel in Taos Ski Valley and 50,000 American Airlines miles for travel;
- a custom men’s suit from Q Clothier;
- a gorgeous 14 karat Art Deco-inspired gold and diamond ring by Halo Jewelry;
- a Los Angeles getaway complete with two VIP green room passes to a live taping of Jimmy Kimmel! Live! as well as 50,000 American Airlines miles for travel, and
- gift cards to Mendocino Farms Restaurant and Salt and Straw Restaurant.
Raffle tickets are $25 each or 5 for $100 and available now.
The Spirit of Taos also celebrates the two -generational support of the Friends of Wilkinson Center who volunteer and donate to Wilkinson Center and are passionate about the mission to transform the lives of Dallas families by providing pathways to self-sufficiency with dignity and respect.
I am honored to serve as president of the Friends of Wilkinson Center, following in the footsteps of my mom, past president of the Friends and of the Wilkinson Center Board of Directors, Melanie Myers, who is honorary chair this year with my dad Jim, as well as former Friends president and the co-founder of The Spirit of Taos, Missy Huber.
Event chair Ellen Estee represents a new generation committed to continuing to serve and support Wilkinson Center programs and clients. We are so grateful to Ellen and our entire committee for their tireless work to ensure that this year’s event is a success.
So trade your tuxes and stilettos for boots and casual attire for what promises to be a sell-out event once again. Sponsorships from $750 to $10,000 and tables of eight for $2,000, $4,000 and $8,000 are available now, as well as patron tickets at $250 each and individual tickets at $200 and raffle tickets. For information contact Wilkinson Center Event Manager Andrea Jones or visit https://www.thewilkinsoncenter.org/events/category/the-spirit-of-taos/.