In just seven weeks, the fall fundraising season will emerge from its summer cocoon. After being in a three-month fundraising coma, folks are going to be rearing to get back in the swing of supporting nonprofits during the final quarter of the year. But which program(s) will get their help?
To spread the word about such opportunities, the MySweetCharity Opportunity series will return starting Wednesday and run through August.
Once again the series has been underwritten by “friends of North Texas nonprofits.” Their goal is to help North Texas nonprofits connect with residents and companies. The “friends” have absolutely no involvement in the selection or the posts nor what is written.
If you have an “opportunity” that might interest others to support and/or join, why not submit it?
It’s easy; it’s free; and it’s available now for submission. Here’s what’s required:
- The name of the organization and link to it
- Name of author (Non-paid volunteers are preferred over staffers, don’t you know!)
- The event and link to it
- The date and location
- Chairs, honorary chairs, etc.
- Highlight(s) of the event
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
- If you want to send photos with IDs/graphics/logos, you’ll need to submit them in a JPEG format. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Opportunity – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Opportunity – Cellulite Celebration Luncheon”). That way it won’t get trapped in the MSC black hole filter trap.
If you need examples of MySweetCharity Opportunity, check them out here.
The series starts Wednesday morning, so hop to it!