As North Texans find themselves in the final days of the spring fundraising season, another annual event is nearing sell-out status. There are a couple or three reasons why the Visionary Women Luncheon at the Omni Dallas Hotel this Friday has only a few places left.
First, it benefits the Juliette Fowler Communities in East Dallas with its beautiful grounds serving more than 700 individuals and their families. In addition to providing independent and assisted living facilities, it also provides health and rehabilitation services, memory support, foster care and adoption services and The Ebby House for young women who have aged out of foster care.”
Second, it will be handing out three awards including the 2019 Visionary Women Award to Michelle Kinder and the Juliette Fowler Faith and Service Award to Abbey Widick.
The third award is the Erika McKenzie Volunteer Award that will not be given to just one person. It will be presented to the Dallas County Master Gardeners, “who have volunteered for over 20 years and are affiliated with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Master Gardener Projects.”
Last year’s Volunteer Award went to Natalie Morin, who is co-chairing this year’s fundraiser with her husband Mike Morin.
Donors for this year’s luncheon include:
- $10,000+ — Mary and Roland Bandy and Carol and Mike Maxwell
- $5,000+ — Carbonated Solutions, Peggy Davis, Ebby Halliday Foundation, Frost Bank, Luther King Capital Management, Natalie and Michael Morin, Olicon Inc., Tammy and David Oliver and Jimmy Percival
- $3500+ — Holt Capital Partners, RGP Resources LLC and Tiffany and Co.
- $2500+ — Baylor Scott & White Health, Barbara Bradfield, Kathy and Ben Brooks, East Dallas Christian Church, Long Orthodontics, The Rev. Dr. Don McKenzie, Jeanette and John Pennington, Trinity Industries, Inc. and USI Southwest
- $2000+ — Fay and Phelan Bright, Tom Brooks and Ashley Brown, Carrington, Coleman Sloman and Blumenthal L.L.P., Kathy Caywood, Warren Avenue Christian Church, Karen and Gerald Combs, Theresa Dickson and Ann McKinley, Dooley and Associates, Friends of Tammy, Nicole and Steve Gann, Gentry and Kenley Harper, Elizabeth and Larry Hermann, Suzanne and Jerald Hobson, K2 Construction, Katus, Mueller Prost LLC, Susan Odom, Katie and Brett Pedigo, Sabrina and Joel Porter, Betsy and Al See, Cindy and Doug Wabner and Norma and Gerald Worrall II
All proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit the Juliette Fowler Communities One Heart Fund and support the resident’s greatest needs. The few tickets left are available here.