There good news and not-so-good news to report. If you have got your tickets for the 2019 Mad Hatter’s Tea’s “Golden Days of Hollywood” on Thursday, April 11, at the Dallas Arboretum, you are now in the stage of either finalizing your design with your chapeau creator or warming up your glue gun for a do-it-yourself topper.
Remember, the categories this year are:
- Best Picture: The Most “True to Theme.” The best of “The Golden Age of Hollywood.”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: People’s Choice, as voted on by the attendees
- Best Art Direction: The Best Botanical using Fresh Florals
- Best Short Film: Most Beautiful Fascinator
- Best Foreign Language Film: Most Dramatic
- Best Director: Best Themed Group of Hats (Men may be included)
- Best Costume Design: Most Elegant
- Best Visual Effects: Most Creative (Men may participate in this category)
The not-so-good news is only for anyone who procrastinated in getting their reservations in for the Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum fundraiser. It’s now sold out.
In other words, if you didn’t locked down your spot for that day, you can always eat lunch watching TCM.
Word has it that Women’s Council President Linda Spina and Luncheon Co-Chairs Sharla Bush and Terry Irby are now in final negotiations with Mother Nature to have sunny skies and user-friendly temperatures.