It’s hard to come up with a theme that’s creative, fun and challenging enough to get guests on board. Well, the one picked by 2019 Mad Hatter’s Tea Co-Chairs Sharla Bush and Terry Irby and Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum Linda Spina along with Honorary Chair Kristina Whitcomb for the 31st annual Women’s Council fundraiser — The Golden Age of Hollywood — is an award winner!
Now, the gals have revealed the categories for the competition that will be decided by the TBA judges and a popular vote. Drum roll — and the categories are:
- Best Picture: The Most “True to Theme”. The best of “The Golden Age of Hollywood”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: People’s Choice, as voted on by the attendees
- Best Art Direction: The Best Botanical using Fresh Florals
- Best Short Film: Most Beautiful Fascinator
- Best Foreign Language Film: Most Dramatic
- Best Director: Best Themed Group of Hats (Men may be included)
- Best Costume Design: Most Elegant
- Best Visual Effects: Most Creative (Men may participate in this category)
Just imagine how the minds of hat designers and guests are churning on how they’re going to top the other 500+ toppers in the hat competition.
So, get those glue guns going. The date has been set for Thursday, April 11, kicking off with a “red carpet” style champagne reception in the Arboretum’s Ginsburg Plaza, followed by the program including a Tootsies fashion show by Jan Strimple and hat competition results in Rosine Hall and a seated luncheon in the tented Plaza.
In the meantime, check out the table and ticket availability here.