After weeks of researching, the 2019 Crystal Charity Ball committee has selected the collection of beneficiaries. 2019 CCB Chair Pat McEvoy announced the beneficiaries and programs are:
- Child And Family Guidance Center ($953,800) for HOPE (Health, Outcomes, Prevention, Evaluation) program
- Community Partners Of Dallas ($660,552 over three years) for Meeting The Growing Needs Of Abused and Neglected Children in Dallas
- Cristo Rey Dallas High School Inc. ($910,799) for The Crystal Charity Ball Corporate Work Study Suite
- For The Nations Refugee Outreach ($711,857.30 over two years) for children’s after-school development and enrichment program
- Interfaith Family Services ($314,152 over two years) for children’s program
- Jubilee Park And Community Center ($474,650 over three years) for the Pipeline of Learning Program
- Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic Inc. ($558,390 over two years) for Centering Parentings: Facility Remodel And Program Launch
- Mercy Street Inc. ($751,758 over three years) for Mercy Street South Dallas expansion
- Promise House Inc. ($756,072 over three years) for expansion of emergency youth shelter
- Readers 2 Leaders ($750,000 over three years) for team reading tutoring sustainability and expansion
Limited to only Dallas County children nonprofits, the organizations must have fit a strict criteria, as well as undergoing a tough vetting process.
Now that the selection process has been completed, the work gets underway to raise the funding for a total of $6,842,030. The year-long effort will culminate with a ball on Saturday, December 7, honoring the donors.
* Photo credit: Holt Haynsworth