In addition to revealing that author Regina Calcaterra would be the featured speaker at the 11th Annual Soup’s On! Luncheon and Art Show, Event Co-Chairs Lindsay Billingsley and Jill Tiernan announced at the kick-off party at KPMG Plaza on Thursday, October 23, that The Stewpot Alliance fundraiser would be moving to a new location. Here’s a report from the field:
The Stewpot Alliance Soup’s On! Luncheon and Art Sale kicked-off Tuesday, October 23, at KPMG Plaza at Hall Arts and hosted by Hall Arts Residences.
Current Stewpot Alliance President Stacy Roush Caplan introduced The Stewpot Executive Director Brenda Ewing Snitzer who briefed guests on the current Dallas stats including over 4,000 friends facing homelessness with more than 1,100 already on the streets with no shelter.
2019 Soup’s On! Co-Chairs Lindsay Billingsley and Jill Tiernan introduced Honorary Chairs Lucy Billingsley and Linda Owens Barnes, as well as Sponsorship Chair Linda McMahon.
“Jill has done all of the heavy lifting, so now it’s my time to raise some money,” remarked Lindsay. “All hands on deck if we are going to raise a half million bucks,” she added.
Chef Chair Brian C. Luscher, Chef/Owner of The Grape announced the line-up of powerhouse chefs participating in 2019 including:
- Executive Chef Jeff Bekavac, Cane Rosso and Zoli’s
- Chef/Owner Omar Flores, Whistlebritches
- Corporate Chef Danyele McPherson, 80/20
- Executive Chef Suki Otsuki, Mudhen Meat and Greens
- Chef Co-Owner Caroline Perini, Easy Slider
- Chef/Owner Janice Provost, Parigi
- Executive Chef Jeramie Robison, City Hall Bistro
- Chef/Owner Abraham Salum, Salum
- Executive Chef Anastacia Quiñones
- Executive Chef Nick Walker, CBD Provisions
The 11th annual Stewpot Alliance Soup’s On! Luncheon and Art Sale will he held Thursday, January 17, at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. Keynote speaker is Regina Calcaterra, author of “Etched in Sand,” who will share her story on overcoming a childhood characterized by poverty, abuse, and homelessness. For tickets go to https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=ee0617.
* Photo credit: Rob Wythe