Tis the season of giving and the KidneyTexas Inc. group did just that Wednesday night at Tootsies.
No, they didn’t give clothes away. With a crowd that included Donna Arp Weitzman, Mari Epperson, Sandy Secor, Andrea Alcorn, Emilynn Wilson and Brent Christopher, KidneyTexas President Mary Lee Cox and Runway Report Co-Chairs AB Aston‘s and her Annalee Aston‘s efforts paid off with checks to the following groups:
- Baylor Health Care System Foundation, $28,955 for a Program Coordinator;
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation, $26,000 for a Nephrology Child Life Specialist;
- Camp Reynal of the National Kidney Foundation, $19,500 for campers and counselors;
- Methodist Health System Foundation, $30,000 for a Kidney Transplant Study;
- Parkland Health & Hospital Foundation, $30,500 for a Kidney Dialysis Unit;
- Texas Health Resources Foundation, $10,943 for a Hemodialysis Unit; and
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, $10,000 for PKD drug research.
Plans are already underway for KidneyTexas’ 2019 fundraising season. Stay tuned.