While the rappers were settling at home at Escada on Wednesday, September 19, for Equest Women’s Auxiliary, the KidneyTexas Inc.’s Runway Report patrons were gathered at Bernadette Schaeffler’s home.
There was no way any uninvited guests would cross the threshold of Bernadette’s homestead thanks to a uniformed guard at the driveway.
Honorary Co-Chairs Lisa Cooley and Bela Cooley filled in for MIA Honorary Co-Chair Ciara Cooley, who had a class at SMU. With just eight weeks to go until she graduates, Ciara wasn’t going to slough off.
As the Cooley gals were being photographed with Luncheon Co-chairs/mother-daughter A.B. Aston and Annalee Aston and hostess Bernadette at the base of the stairs in the entry, Cooley patriarch Clay Cooley was talking to friends on the side sporting a new haircut “without product.”
While guests like KidneyTexas Inc. President Mary Lee Cox, Ramona Jones, Fran Cashen checked out the patron party silent auction items including gift certificates for area restaurants and retailers, it was revealed that five items would be part of the live auction packages offered at the Thursday, September 27, fundraiser.
- Southwest Airlines — two roundtrip tickets in the U.S. and a Sun Valley condo with three bedrooms and three baths for five to seven nights
- Tootsies — Fabulous Shopping Package
- Mesero — Margarita Party for 20
- Bachendorf’s — Gold and diamond bracelet
- Abrash — A 3’9” by 5’3” Persian rug
Raffle items include
- Alexandria Wallace – Framed Fine Art, 16”x 20” (Value: $250)
- Rosewood Mansion – Bed and Breakfast package (Value: $450)
- Two Sisters Catering – Thanksgiving Dinner gift certificate (Value: $369)
- Robin Jackson Photography – 16” x 20” portrait (Value: $500)
- Eddie V’s Wine Party for 10 (Value: $1,000)
- Al Biernat’s Restaurants – Two $100 gift certificates (Value: $200)
- Bittano Clothing – Two $50 Gift Certificates (Value: $100)
- “Chicago” opening night (Tuesday, December 18) at AT&T Performing Arts Center – Two tickets and one self-park pass (Value: $180)
In addition to Tootsies providing the fashions on the runway, other highlights for the annual fundraiser will be Lauryn Gayle White receiving the Sue Goodnight Award and the Faye C. Briggs and the Lisa and Clay Cooley families being presented with the Community Awards.
This year’s beneficiaries include Baylor Health Care System Foundation, Camp Reynal, of the National Kidney Foundation, Children’s Medical Center Foundation, Methodist Healthcare Foundation, Parkland Foundation, Texas Health Resources Foundation and UT Southwestern Medical Center.