As the rains return and continue to fall this afternoon, the 100 Cattle Baronesses have been hard at work at Gilley’s preparing for Saturday night’s mega-fundraiser. 2018 CBB Co-Chairs Katy Bock and Jonika Nix have been in heavy negotiations with Mother Nature to clear the skies for the festivities that include Charlie Daniels on the Winston and Strawn Live Auction Stage and Zac Brown’s Band on the Andrews Stage under the humongous tent.
If you’re attending the 45th annual come-together that’s expected to have 3,000, here are some reminders to make the evening smooth:
- Ball ticket*
- Parking pass
- Casino Voucher
- Favor bag ticket
- Auction book
Parking is located the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center – Lot D at 939 S. Lamar Street. Shuttles will be provided to/from Gilley’s with the last shuttle departing Gilley’s at 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
- 5:30 p.m. — Brown Baron Parking valet opens
- 6:30 p.m. – White General Parking self-parking opens
Ride Services will drop off and pick up passengers on the Lamar Street in front of the Gilley’s entrance.
- 5:30 p.m. — VIP Party doors open
- 6:00 p.m. — VIP Baron Party presented by Anne Davidson starts
- 7:00 p.m. — Cattle Baron’s Ball begins
- No one under the age of 21 will be admitted.
- No filming is allowed at Cattle Baron’s Ball.
- No tuxedos or couture gowns will cut muster on this evening. It’s strictly boots, blue jeans and buckles.
- No diets will be permitted. Bring a big appetite.
BTW, if you’re suffering from cabin fever, why not check out the online bidding for silent auction items? Talk about sweetheart deals! All you have to do is text CBB18 to 52182 or click www.cbb18.givesmart.com to bid and register today for the 2018 Cattle Baron’s Ball online silent auction! Silent Auction Co-Chairs Emily Billingsley, Lauren Chapman and Lauren Hill have locked down a record-setting $1.2 million of items. And even if you can’t make it to the ball, you can still take part in the auction. It’s even more fun than shopping on Amazon in your jammies.
* On the night of the Ball, guests will also be able to pick up their tickets at Will Call.