According to Leave A Legacy: An Evening With Elizabeth Vargas Co-Chairs Laurie Evans, Lacy Montgomery and Kathleen Powell,
“On Thursday, October 11th, The Magdalen House is excited and honored to host Elizabeth Vargas at our Leave a Legacy: An Evening with Elizabeth Vargas dinner presented by Ben E. Keith Foundation Trust at Fashion Industry Gallery in the heart of the Downtown Dallas.
“As an award-winning anchor and correspondent, Vargas has traveled the world covering breaking news stories, reporting in-depth investigations and conducting newsmaker interviews. Currently the co-anchor of ABC’s ’20/20′ with David Muir, Vargas was credited by The New York Times for reinvigorating the newsmagazine format with her “intellectually brave” reporting.
“In September 2016, Vargas’s memoir ‘Between Breaths: A Memoir of Panic and Addiction,’ was released by Grand Central Publishing. The book details her struggles with anxiety and alcohol and tells a powerful story of healing and coping. A special episode of ’20/20‘ aired in conjunction with the book’s release, in which Vargas and Diane Sawyer discussed Vargas’ experiences, reported on the link between anxiety and alcohol abuse, and interviewed both addiction experts and people recovering from addiction.
“Vargas’s commitment to advocating for women, as well as her experience with and understanding of alcoholism, qualifies her to empower countless Dallas women. Her message is consistent with the mission of The Magdalen House and spreads hope to alcoholic women and their families.
Another highlight of the evening will be Paul Tate‘s receiving the Advocacy Award.
“We are delighted to have Serena Connelly as the evening’s honorary chair and that Ben E. Keith Foundation Trust is the event’s presenting sponsor.
“Other sponsors include the following:
- Valet Patron: Becky Frey Real Estate Group
- Magnolia Patron: Dallas Auction Gallery and Kathi and Scott Shuford
- Live Oak Patron: Kay Colbert, Rebecca Royall and Jack Zogg
- Elm Patron: Don and Neva Cochran, Serena Connelly and Claire Palmer, Susan Chandler Ragland and Laura and Tom McElroy
- Maple Patron: Comerica, Mary Clare Finney and Lee Ann and Steve Van Amburgh
- Pine Patron: Beth Boeing, Kate and John Dorff, Carolyn Goodwin, Origins Behavorial and Sabrina and Adam Schiller
* Graphic and photo provided by The Magdalen House