It may seem a tad bit early to start thinking of getting back in the fundraising saddle, but why not start considering the opportunities that lie ahead this fall? After all, you need to get your wardrobe assembled, as well as lining up your stylist for those must-attend events. And what about those programs that have gone under your radar? Perhaps there’s one that will open a whole new world for you to be involved.
To provide a showcase of such ventures, the MySweetCharity Opportunity series will kick off Monday. And due to the overwhelming response last year, the “friends of North Texas non-profits” has signed up to support the series with the understanding that all they wanted was to drive more people to reading the posts. They have absolutely no involvement in the selection of the posts nor what is written.
BTW, if you have an “opportunity” that might interest others to support and/or join, why not submit it?
It’s easy; it’s free; and it’s available now for submission. Here’s what’s required:
- The name of the organization and link to it
- Name of author (Non-paid volunteers are preferred over staffers, don’t you know!)
- The event and link to it
- The date and location
- Chairs, honorary chairs, etc.
- Highlight(s) of the event
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
- If you want to send photos with IDs/graphics/logos, you’ll need to submit them in a JPEG format. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
It’s a first-come, first-post offering, so get ‘em in ASAP. Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Opportunity – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Opportunity – Selfie Recovery Gala”). That way it won’t get trapped in the MSC black hole filter trap.