The Dollar-Day special will include:
- $1 admission for ages 3 and older (free for 2 and under)
- $1 face painting on Cat Green
- $1 canned water
- $1 bird food at Travis and Zach’s Birds Landing
- $2 hot dogs, sodas, and chips
- $2 Endangered Species Carousel rides
- $2 T-Rex Express mini-train
- $5 giraffe feedings
- $10 parking (limited); DART is a great idea!
To cool the grounds, “extra misting stations, spray fans and water bottle refill station will operate throughout the zoo.”
Alas, guests will not be allowed to take a dip with the penguins or hippos, so don’t bring your swimsuit. But do consider taking the DART Red Line. It’s way cooler than sitting in traffic.