The collection of judges includes the following: Patti Flowers of Patti Flowers Design Studio, Lee Fuqua of Duckworth Vodka, Empress Gilbert of Empressive GeoDesigns, 2013 Miss Texas/2013 Miss America 5th Runner Up Ali Nugent, WFAA’s “Good Morning Texas” Co-Host Alanna Sarabia, Chef John Tesar of Knife and Knife Burgers and Joe Vilaiwan of Vilaiwan Fine Jewelry.
So get that gray matter reeling and/or designer designing to compete in one of the six categories that include:
- All That Jazz – Best Group (4 or more). Men may participate in this one very special category with or without women in the group.
- To the Nines: People’s Choice: The Best of the Best as voted by the attendees.
- Elegance of Earlier Days: Most Sophisticated: Grace, Elegance and Whimsy.
- Gilded Age: True to Theme: Everything from the era of the Astors, Vanderbilts, Gettys.
- Grace and Folly: Most Creative: Shells and Pearls, Stepping Out.
- Peacocks on Parade: Best Botanical: Hats adorned with beautiful flowers.
And even if you don’t have competition in your DNA, remember that the theme is “A Garden By The Sea.”
P.S. – While you’re racking your head about what to put on it, don’t forget to get your reservation for the fundraiser benefiting the Dallas Arboretum on Thursday, April 12.