She had a real challenge when it came to the curators for the live auction after last year’s team of Merry Vose and Rajan Patel.
Well, hold on to your paddles and check your Black Card status. Rebecca managed to get OMG world-class merchant Brian Bolke and luxury residential real estate top-producer Faisal Halum to take on the task.
Between their world travels, out-of-this-universe taste and amazingly bold-face buds (i.e. Donna Karan, Tim Blanks, Linda Rodin, Donald Robertson, Kelly Wearstler, Greg Lauren, Becca Cason Thrash, Jeremy Scott, Ikram Goldman, Pamela Love and Adam Shulman to name just a handful) these two masters of one-of-a-kind experiences will no doubt re-invent the “Wow!” factor for the black-tie guests.
Memory check: It was just three years ago when Brian created a pop-up boutique for the Art Ball’s 50th anniversary that featured such goodies as Elder Statesman Cashmere lingerie going for $1,450, a lineup of Edward Bess “Dallas Pink” lipsticks ($35), Moschino gown ($2,550) and a Loewe Runway Shopper that went for $3,950.
As for Faisal, he’s been representing the caviar version of Dallas dirt with such listings as the former Beck estate ($23M) and a $14.5M home-sweet-home in Preston Hollow and various high rise mansions including Museum Tower’s $13.5M penthouse.
Wouldn’t you just love to be in a brainstorming session as they get their creative juices flowing?
And, of course, Rebecca has gathered the troops to support her efforts including sponsors like:
- Entertainment Sponsor ($150,000): Nancy C. and Richard R. Rogers
- Education and Community Engagement Sponsor ($125,000): Moody Foundation
- Premier Hospitality Sponsor ($50,000 +$50,000 In-Kind): Headington Companies
- Dinner Sponsor ($50,000): Peggy and Carl Sewell/Sewell Automotive Companies
- Valet Sponsor ($50,000): Clay Cooley Auto Group
- Video Sponsor ($25,000): Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty
- Auction Sponsor ($25,000): Capera Ryan/Christie’s Auction House
- Invitation Sponsor ($25,000): Dallas Art Fair Foundation
- Fashion Sponsor ($25,000): Fendi
- Patron Party Sponsor ($20,000 + In-Kind): Hall Arts Residences
- Catalogue Sponsor ($25,000): Jennifer and John Eagle/John Eagle Dealerships
- Financial Services Sponsor ($25,000): J.P. Morgan
- Program Sponsor ($25,000): Mary Kay
- Red Carpet Sponsor ($25,000): Neiman Marcus
- After Party Sponsor ($25,000): PNC
- Security Sponsor ($25,000): Sidley Austin LLP
- Communication Sponsor ($15,000): AT&T
- Menu Sponsor ($15,000): Bank of America
- Luxury Sponsor ($15,000): Louis Vuitton
- Moving and Delivery Sponsor ($10,000): Delivery Limited
- In-Kind Sponsors: Belvedere, Glenmorangie, Hall Wines, Hennessy, Million Air Dallas, Modern Luxury Dallas, MySweetCharity, Ruinart, Strong Travel Services, Todd Events, and Volcan de mi Tierra Cristalino
If you want to see firsthand the paddles unfurling as the live auction packages hit the bloc, get your sponsorships and tickets now.