The Nasher Sculpture Center folks really know how to set the wheels in motion for the 2018 Nasher Prize Laureate presentation to Theaster Gates on Saturday, April 7. During the Nasher Prize Celebration Month, organizers have arranged for all types of free activities in celebration of the American artist including free general admission and family activities during spring break (Tuesday, March 13, thru Sunday, March 18).
- Tuesday, March 6 at The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza (7 p.m.) — Nasher Prize Dialogues: Sculpture And History panel discussion including panelists Alfredo Jaar, Jill Magid, Paul Ramirez Jonas and Lauren Woods with moderator Ben Davis.
- Tuesday, March 13-Sunday, March 18 at Nasher Sculpture Center — Free general admission
- Friday, March 16 at Nasher Sculpture Center (6 p.m. to midnight) — Midnight At The Nasher
- Sunday, March 25 at Nasher Sculpture Center (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)— Student-Centered Festival
- Thursday, April 5 at Nasher Sculpture Center (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) — Nasher Prize Dialogues: Graduate Symposium with presentation at 3 p.m. by Matthew Jesse Jackson.
- Friday, April 6 at Horchow Auditorium at the Dallas Museum of Arts (10 a.m.) — Nasher Prize Dialogues – Jury Conversation with jurors decribing judging process moderated by DMA Director Agustin Arteaga.
- Friday, April 6 at Wyly Theatre (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) —Nasher Prize Dialogues: Laureate Town Hall with Theaster Gates discusses his sculptural practice with interlocutors and the general public.
In addition to all the activities, private collectors and Theaster have loaned five of his works for viewing at the Nasher through Monday, April 30.
* Photo provided by Nasher Sculpture Center