Dallas CASA has been busy. This past Thursday afternoon at Dallas CASA, Gov. Greg Abbott was presented the Bronze Eagle Award for his work combating human trafficking at the North Texas Coalition Again Human Trafficking’s National Human Trafficking Awareness Event.
And then to add its news making, its board of directors has a new chairman and five new members. Taking over the reins of the board from Past Chair John Gibson is Exxon Mobil Corporation VP/Treasurer Robert “Bob” Schleckser. Having joined the CASA board and executive committee since 2010, he graduated from the University of Notre Dame, where he has served on the Notre Dame Engineering Advisory Council in addition to being on the Financial Executives International Committee on Corporate Treasury.
Dallas CASA is also proud to welcome five new board members:
- Terry Goods is the national director of diversity and inclusion for Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. He’s also a member of the Diversity Advisory Board for Visit Dallas and the Plano Chamber’s Diversity Board.
- Hannah May is the Dallas CASA Children’s Council representative on the board. An entrepreuneur with 20 years of experience, she’s been involved with Dallas CASA and the Children’s Council for many years.
- Susan Rankin, a former family district court judge in Dallas, has practiced family law for 29 years, using her background in psychology to assist families and children as they navigate family issues in the courts.
- Virginia Schaefer recently began a new position as a member of the Texas Instruments government relations team. Prior to that, she worked as senior vice president of public policy at the Dallas Regional Chamber.
- Stephanie Stewart is vice president and chief information officer at Pioneer Natural Resources. She has more than 20 years of experience in information technology in the energy industry.
In addition to Bob and John, they’ll be joining other board members including Chair-Elect Corey Anthony, VPs Ardo Fuentes, Cynt Marshall, Scott Orr, Janice Davis and David Young; and At-Large Members Mark Berg, Laura Losinger, Jim Lozier, Steve Penrose and Scooter Smith.
* Photo provided by Dallas CASA