According to Ability Connection President and CEO Troy Greisen,
“When it comes to gifts, many will put a smile on one’s face, but a gift to Ability Connection has the power to change the life of a child or adult with special needs. Ability Connection creates life change across the state of Texas. We serve over a thousand individuals with disabilities through education, health and vocational training, inclusion, and housing. Children and adults with special needs have been neglected, forgotten, and turned away, even abused and with great discrimination and prejudice. Texas has among the very lowest special education outcomes, inclusion, and employment rates in the country.
“This year, we are wishing for support in helping children and adults with disabilities achieve their highest level of independence and inclusion, through education and employment. All of these individuals we serve need financial assistance in order to receive transportation, or care.
“Give the gift of life change this holiday season:
- $100 Life Change Scholarship — One year of community volunteering for one adult student
- $500 Life Change Scholarship — Transportation for job seeking for five adult students
- $1,000 Life Change Scholarship — One-on-one vocational training and job placement
- $2,500 Life Change Scholarship — One year of independent living activities for our after school program for children with disabilities
- $5,000 Life Change Scholarship — One-on-one independent living training for five students
“These gifts will make a world of difference in the lives of children and adults with special needs as they strive to reach their goals of independence and inclusion. To give the gift of Life Change, visit www.abilityconnection.org, or email [email protected]. Thank you!”
-By Troy Greisen, Ability Connection president and CEO
* Photo proved by Ability Connection