Back in 1971 the very first Dallas White Rock Marathon was held on March 6. Over the years the name and date changed. In 2012 “White Rock” disappeared from the name and it became Dallas Marathon. Over the years some things stayed the same like Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children being the beneficiary and thousands of participants including world-class runners.
This weekend the annual runathon has been expanded. For starters, it’s going to be a two-day run including
- BMW Weekend Series on Saturday and Sunday
- Coors Light 5K and 10K on Saturday
- BMW Dallas Marathon and Half Marathon on Sunday
- and SMU Cox School of Business Relay on Sunday.
If you’re not planning on being part of those running or volunteering, you might want to check the road closures that will be in place. They range from Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge through downtown Dallas on Saturday to Sunday mega-run starting at City Hall and heading around White Rock via Turtle Creek and back to City Hall.
* Graphics courtesy of BMW Dallas Marathon