In the waning hours of 2017, one has to consider that it wasn’t all so bad. True,
- Nuclear devastation threatened
- Massacres took place without warning
- Technology moved the world steps ahead
- Victims of sexual harassment/abuse in the workplace
- Foreigners were encroaching on the homeland
- The person in the Oval Office was proving to be a divisive figure
- Mega-lords were claiming glorious estates.
- The wonderment of the film industry rescuing the anxieties of the day
- The country was torn apart on age-old issues that should have been resolved decades ago.
- A life-changing disease was plaguing the vulnerable.
If you checked the links, then you know these developments weren’t necessarily about 2017. The good news is that thanks to technology and the determined spirit, life goes on.
In the meantime, homemade chili, glowing fireplaces and snugly flannel sheets should replace the chill of New Year’s weekend. Stay safe, warm and appreciative of what you have.