According to 2017 Cattle Baron’s Ball Co-Chairs Sunie Solomon and Anne Stodghill,
The Cattle Baron’s Ball relies on the spirit and generosity of the Metroplex to fund the fight against cancer. Since 1974, we’ve raised more than $71 million for cancer research, the majority of which is conducted right here in DFW. True to Texas’ history of rising to the challenge, we’ve become the world’s largest single-night fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.
While some might be hand-wringing at the prospect of continuing a legacy of ensuring more cancer research dollars are spent in Dallas than anywhere else in the country, they probably aren’t familiar with the members of the Cattle Baron’s Ball. Fortunately, the Cattle Baron’s Ball Committee is not comprised of the faint-of-heart – as evidenced by the fact that the CBB is the largest single-night fundraiser in the nation for cancer research through the American Cancer Society.
Join the fight and help us continue to make a difference! Cattle Baron’s Ball continues to support the American Cancer Society in the following incredible ways:
- Provided more than 30,000 services to cancer patients in North Texas
- Gave 7,414 rides to and from treatment
- More than 1,500 free wigs were provided free of charge to cancer patients
- More than 1,000 breast cancer patients were visited by our Reach to Recovery volunteers
- Helped to enact strong state and local smoke-free laws that protect workers and the public from the dangers of secondhand smoke
- Connected patients with more than 64,000 different treatment options, through our Clinical Trials Matching Service
- Found the link between cigarette smoking and lung cancer
Dust off your boots and join us at Gilley’s on Saturday, October 21, for some serious Texas barbecue, the best silent and live auctions in town, followed by a heart-stopping performance from award-winning country and western entertainers Brooks and Dunn.
Everyone knows someone affected by cancer. From attending the ball to purchasing a raffle ticket, get involved with Cattle Baron’s Ball however you can and help us continue making a difference.
* Photo provided by 2017 Cattle Baron's Ball