In between applications of sunscreen and ripping open Amazon Prime Day purchases, think ahead to 2018. Believe it or not, it’s just around the calendar corner.
Need a for instance? The 2018 Crystal Charity Ball selection process. 2018 CCB Chair Claire Emanuelson has provided the rundown of dates for nonprofits to participate:
- Friday, September 1, 2017 — Applications for the 2018 grants will be available online. Why the early warning? That gives Dallas County children’s charity brain trusts enough time to decide if they want to take the first step in vying for funding and the stamp of approval by the 65-year-old organization. To qualify for consideration, the charity must
- Serve children in Dallas County
- Have had a 501 (c) 3 designation for at least three years
- Have provided services in Dallas County for at least three years
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. — For newcomers and returnees, there will be “a brief prospective application orientation at Communities Foundation of Texas.” No, it’s “not mandatory, but it is strongly encouraged.”
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017, at noon — Hard-copy applications must be in the Crystal Charity Ball office, 3838 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite L 150, by noon. Remember, that’s noon for hard-copy applications and no excuses.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 — The selection of 2018 beneficiaries will be made.
If you’re weighing whether or not to try out, check with past recipients. Since 1952, more than 100 children’s charities have received more than $137M.