KidneyTexas Inc.’s 2017 Runway Report Co-Chairs Christine Martin and Susan Russell have announced plans for the Tuesday, September 26, fashion show at Brook Hollow Golf Club with Linda and Steve Ivy serving as honorary co-chairs.
This year’s theme which will be “Transforming Lives” was revealed in the logo designed by Lynn Townsend Dealey.
The theme was especially poignant for KidneyTexas Inc. President Andrea Alcorn, whose mother is “one of the oldest kidney transplant recipients.”
Longtime supporter Sue Goodnight will receive the First Annual Lifetime Achievement Award and Natalie Taylor will be presented with the Sue Goodnight Award.
The Over the Top Awards will be presented to Tootsies’ Dustin Holcomb and Nerissa von Helpenstill and Dee Lincoln.
The Tootsies’ team will be providing the fashions with the show being produced by flaming-haired Jan Strimple.
In addition to a tea in October featuring Royal Chef Darren McGrady, there will be an event in November honoring Men of Kidney.
The 2017 beneficiaries are scheduled to receive the following amounts:
- Parkland Foundation — $30,500 for a kidney dialysis unit,
- Baylor Health Care Foundation — $30,000 for a five-year study of kidney transplants,
- UT Southwestern Medical Center — $29,925 for kidney-related research,
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation — $20,500 for hemodialysis and blood pressure machines,
- Camp Reynal — $19,500 and
- Texas Health Resources Foundation —$14,214 for a hemodialysis machine.
Information about tickets and underwriting opportunities can be found here!
* Graphic provided by KidneyTexas Inc.