Despite the stormy weather, Mad Hatter’s Tea Chair Linda Spina had folks gather at Tootsies this afternoon for “Mimosas and Millinery,” plus the great reveal of the judges for the Thursday, April 27th “Under The Tuscan Sun” hat competition at the Dallas Arboretum.
Surrounded by a collection of chapeaus including some by Cassandra MacGregor for the “Mimosas and Millinery” reception, Linda announced the following judges:
Celebrity judge Rachel Zoe, restaurateurs Lynae Fearing and Tracy Rathbun (a judge team), Klyde Warren Park President Tara Green, Kerrently website editor Courtney Kerr, Kidd’s Kids CEO/Chief Happiness Officer Caroline Kraddick, fragrance guru Niven Morgan and Dallas First Lady Micki Rawlings.
The judges will be eyeballing the guests’ finery for awards in the following categories:
- Molto Italiano “Very Italian” — Most True-to-Theme. Everything Tuscan from the rolling hills of Tuscany to the art treasures of Florence to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and everything in between.
- Rachel’s Pick – Rachel Zoe’s favorite hat. The best of the best, from her point of view.
- Bella Donna “Beautiful Woman” — Most Elegant.
- A Taste of Italy — The food and drink of Italy. Wine, cheese, pasta, pizza and more!
- Bellissima Botanical — Best Botanical. What would Mad Hatter’s at the Arboretum be without hats adorned with beautiful flowers?
- Fellini’s Follies — Famed Italian film director Federico Fellini always worked in a group. Best Group of Hats. Men may compete in this category.
- Mamma Mia! — Most outlandish. Go wild!
- Ciao Bella! “Hello Beautiful” — People’s Choice. The best of the best, as voted on by the attendees.
Warning: Please do not try to bribe the judges, but do get your hats ready for the champagne reception on the Ginsburg Plaza and reserved your seats for the Tootsies fashion show in Rosine Hall and the seated luncheon in the tented Outdoor Plaza.
* Photo provided by 2017 Mad Hatter's Tea