Thursday night was just popping with news like a North Texas thunderstorm. After announcing plans for the 2017 Celebrating Women Luncheon at Peggy and Leonard Riggs’ home across from the Dallas Country Club, Tucker Enthoven scurried over to her Preston Hollow estate to host the Côtes du Coeur Catalog Preview Party.
And, boy, have Côtes du Coeur Co-Chairs Kelly and Dave Pfeil put together a collection of auction items, chefs and wines for the Saturday, April 22, dinner/auction at the Omni Dallas! It’s enough to make one’s heart go pitty pat.
And speaking of the heart, the American Heart Association Dallas/Fort Worth fundraiser is a personal undertaking for Kelly and Dave. As Kelly said, “We have lost three immediate family members to heart issues. Dave’s brother had a valve replacement and his father, after two heart attacks, has six stents.”
According to Dave, “Kelly’s career as a PhD scientist in research and development of food and beverage was devoted to heart-healthy products, by eliminating and reducing trans and saturated fats and reducing sugar and sodium, with Coca-Cola and Frito Lay. Our common desire to save and improve lives keeps us involved with the work of the AHA.”
To bring in the funding for heart disease research and treatments, Auction Co-Chairs Georgia Davis and Kim Bannister have put together the following:
- The City of Lights – a Private Parisian Tour: The winning bidder will gather a group of up to 20 people, or a more intimate group if you prefer, to have the Louvre and Palace of Versailles all to yourself!
- The Louvre – The Louvre averages just under 30,000 visitors per day. Often crowds are 15 deep in front of the Mona Lisa. BUT, your group will wander the Louvre filled with works by the world’s greatest artists without any distractions. Crowds will not obscure your appreciation for Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, Michelangelo’s Dying Slave, the Winged Victory of Samothrace or the Venus de Milo. Delight in 3 hours (6:30 to 9:30 p.m.) of uninterrupted bliss in the largest museum in the world.
- The Palace of Versailles – The next afternoon (or previous afternoon), experience the approximately 2,000 acres of Palace of Versailles’ incredibly beautiful gardens. From 2:30-5:00 p.m., marvel at the symmetry of the gardens, enjoy the fountains, tour the stables and contemplate what it took to create such a marvelous estate.
- Behind the Scenes with Filmmaker Ken Burns: Shadow Emmy Award-winning Ken Burns and the writers, producers, and other film makers that work with Ken producing amazing films of America’s history at his studio in Walpole, New Hampshire. View clips of upcoming films such as “The Vietnam War” and “Country Music.”
- Montana Mountain Retreat: Embrace nature’s beauty as your group of eight fish, hike and explore the mountains of Montana. Relax in a beautiful 4-bedroom, 2-cabin home by the natural treasure of Flathead lake. Explore the Glazier National Park or sail to Big Fork, Crazy Horse Island for excursions during your 6-night/7-day retreat.
- Experience Russian River Valley’s Merry Edwards: Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the world-renowned Russian River Valley during a three (3) night stay at Merry Edwards’ extraordinary new guest house in Forestville. Your group of eight will be treated to a VIP winery tour and tasting at Merry Edwards winery. Enjoy a relaxed dinner with Merry and Ken paired with library wines selected from their cellar. A true wine lover’s dream and a once-in-a-lifetime getaway featuring one of the greatest wine producers in California!
As for the graze-around dinner, Chef Chair Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House and Chamberlain’s Fish Market has arranged for the following chefs to be stationed around the ballroom: Chef Aaron Staudenmaier of Shinsei, Lovers Seafood and Market; Jim Severson of Sevy’s Grill; Dean Fearing of Fearing’s Restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton; Kevin Garvin and Anita Hirsch of Neiman Marcus; David Holben of Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House; John Tesar of Knife; Dan Landsberg of Dragonfly; Carl Murray of NOBU; Garth Blackburn of Sub-Zero/Wolf Showroom; Gerard Thompson of Rough Creek Lodge and Resort; Donald Chalko of Omni Dallas Hotel; Matt McCallister of Filament and FT33; Stephen Rogers of Gemma; Alex Astranti of Uchi; Angela Hernandez of Top Knot; Jody Denton and Stephen Kalil of Frito-Lay Kitchen and Chad Houser of Café Momentum.
The wines for the evening will be led by this year’s Tete du Cuvee winner — Merry Edwards of Merry Edwards Winery and including B Cellars, Barnett Vineyards, Beaulieu Vineyards, Beringer Vineyards, Château Minuty, Checkerboard Vineyards, Clos du Val, Domaine Paul Blanck, Egelhoff Wines, Ehlers Estate, Etude House, Hall and Walt Wines, Herb Lamb Vineyards, J. Bookwalter Winery, Justin Vineyards and Winery, Loring Wine Company, Macauley Vineyards, Modus Operandi Cellars, Montagu Wines/ Silver Ghost, Mullan Road Cellars, Ramey Wine Cellars, Red Mare Wines, Schweiger Vineyards, Sequoia Grove, Stewart Cellars, Torii Mor, Trujillo Wines, Turnbull Wine Cellars and W and J Graham.
Tickets for the wining and dining are available here!