And the news that Mad Hatters and their chapeau designers have been waiting for has just been revealed. 2017 Mad Hatter’s Tea Chair Linda Spina revealed that in keeping with the “Under the Tuscan Sun” theme, the following categories will be judged at the Dallas Arboretum on Thursday, April 27, for the Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum fundraiser:
- Molto Italiano (“Very Italian”) — Most True-to-Theme. Everything Tuscan, from the rolling hills of Tuscany to the art treasurers of Florence to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and everything in between.
- Rachel’s Pick — Special guest Rachel Zoe’s favorite hat. The best of the best, from her point of view.
- Bella Donna (“Beautiful Woman”) — Most Elegant.
- A Taste of Italy — The food and drink of Italy. Wine, cheese, pasta, pizza and more!
- Bellissima Botanical — Best Botanical. What would Mad Hatter’s at the Arboretum be without hats adorned with beautiful flowers?
- Fellini’s Follies — Famed late Italian film director Federico Fellini always worked in a group. Best Group of Hats.
- Mamma Mia! — Most Outlandish. Go wild!
- Ciao Bella! (“Hello Beautiful”) — People’s Choice. The best of the best, as voted on by the attendees.