Dallas Museum of Art’s Speakeasy celebrating is going to have such a bargain raffle on Saturday, February 4, at the DMA. If you can afford a cup of coffee at Ascension, you can afford a couple of chance tickets. But first, here is the lineup of the five raffle packages:
- The Joule Hotel and Midnight Rambler Package: Lavish in the thoughtful comfort and luxury of The Joule. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the cultural epicenter of downtown. Enjoy a one night get away in deluxe accommodations with complimentary overnight valet parking and a $100 gift card for food and beverage at the premier craft cocktail bar, the Midnight Rambler.
- Fossil® Q Wander rose gold stainless and Q Marshal in brown leather: Q Wander and Q Marshal are Fossil’s newest digital display watches that connects seamlessly to your phone. The tech-savvy dial with touchscreen functionality tracks everything from daily steps to calories. Notifications alert you of incoming calls and texts. *Powered by Android Wear™ (but compatible with iOS and Android wear phones) this smartwatch tracks activity, connects to your favorite apps, receives display notifications, and has customizable faces and interchangeable strap options to fit your style. Noticeable design details include slim lugs on Q Wander and a rugged bezzle on Q Marshal for an updated design look on a smarter watch.
- Victor Tangos and Bella and Chloe: Enjoy a $150-shopping spree at Bella and Chloe/Brethren Boutique. Touting men’s and women’s boho wears, this shop is known for precious metals and stones from all around the world. Bella and Chloe is an American made brand known for the effortlessly cool, unbound, and bohemian soul translating culture through style and youthful freedom. Then stroll across the street to Victor Tangos wear you have $100 on the house! Always in the top ten of places to grab a craft cocktail and savory meal, Victor Tangos is the home to Rising Star Chef of the Year, Chef Kirstyn Brewer!
Ultra-Luxe Roxor Gin Experience: Six tickets to a private curator tour through the “Shaken, Stirred, Styled” exhibition. Then, enjoy an exclusive Roxor cocktail-making class, perched 19 floors above Klyde Warren Park and the DMA, in a private residence. The owners of this Dallas-distilled gin will explain how gin is made and the unique botanicals used in Roxor. Each guest will enjoy crafting three cocktails, complemented by fashionable hors d’oeuvres. A Roxor memorable experience!
- Arts & Letters Live VIP package #1: Jessi Klein is the Emmy and Peabody award-winning head writer and executive producer of Comedy Central’s critically acclaimed series “Inside Amy Schumer.” Growing up gawkish and a late bloomer, Jessi Klein never identified with the conventional standards of modern femininity. Instead she viewed herself as a tomboy who found her voice through comedy. In her outrageously funny and unapologetically candid breakout book, “You’ll Grow Out of It,” Klein compiles a perceptive collection of confessional essays that offer readers a relatable glimpse into exactly what it means to be a woman in today’s world. Package winners will receive reserved seating, tickets to the event, one copy of the book, and fast track passes for the book signing following the event. Saturday, February 25, 7:30 p.m.
- Arts & Letters Live VIP package #2: Arts & Letters Live presents “Happy Hour!” A talk, cocktail sampling, and performance inspired by “Shaken, Stirred, Styled: The Art of the Cocktail.” 6:15-7:00 p.m. Pre-performance talk/Q&A and cocktails in the DMA’s Founders Room with David Wondrich, one of the world’s foremost authorities on cocktails and their history; author of the book Imbibe!, which won a James Beard Award. 7:30 p.m. Happy Hour! Performance: The DMA’s exhibition “Shaken, Stirred, Styled: The Art of the Cocktail” packs just the punch required for five acclaimed musicians to create an adventurous concoction of rhythm, music, and text, to be enjoyed responsibly for one night only. Songs will range from Mozart, Offenbach, and Verdi to Cole Porter and Joni Mitchell. This marks the ninth collaboration of Arts and Letters Live with artistic programmer Ryan Taylor, whose creative process combines art, music, and literary excerpts. Package winners will receive two tickets to the pre-event talk/Q&A, cocktails, a copy of the book “Imbibe!,” reserved seating, and two tickets for the performance. Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Sounds good. But let’s think about stupendous great. Chance tickets will be going for $1 each. Hello? One buck? Ten dimes? Yup! And to make it even better and easier for shy types, the raffle tickets are available online, so you don’t have to chat it up with anyone.
The winners will be announced at 11 p.m. the night of the fundraiser, but you don’t need to be present to win.
But then you’ll want to be on the scene. Besides blushing and hollering when your name is called, you’ll want to be part of the jazz babies, who are going to be adding to the “Shaken, Stirred, Styled: The Art of the Cocktail.”
BTW, get there early because self-parking will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.