First, the national media reported this morning that BUMC Dr. Giuliano Testa had surgically transplanted four uteruses in women who want to have children but had been born without a uterus. It was just a year ago that Giuliano told the Baylor Foundation Board about this revolutionary surgery that could change the lives of more than 13,000 women in the U.S. who are born without a uterus. So far, one of the four Baylor transplants is continuing to be successful and more transplants are scheduled to take place before the end of the year.
Second, the Baylor Foundation’s 2016 Celebrating Women Luncheon on Thursday, October 20, at the Hilton Anatole featuring Rita Wilson is sold out!
Joining Presenting Sponsor Tom Thumb are the following sponsors:
- Monarch Butterfly — Al G. Hill Jr.
- Texas Swallowtail Butterfly — Lyda Hill, The David B. Miller Family Foundation and Aileen and Jack Pratt Foundation
- American Lady Butterfly — Lana and Barry Andrews, Anonymous, Nancy Carter, Margo and Bill Goodwin, Karen Faulkner Key, Lock Lord LLP, Gloria Eulich Martindale, Ellen and John McStay and U.S. Trust
- Patron Party — Comerica Bank
- VIP Reception — PlainsCapital Bank
- Valet — Sewell Automotive Companies
- Luncheon Centerpieces — Sammons Enterprises Inc.
- Luncheon Invitations — Sidley Austin LLP
- Luncheon Programs — Allie Beth Allman
- Luncheon Videos — Jacqueline Fojtasek
But remember — a nice donation might just get you past that “sold-out” situation.
* Photo provided by Baylor Health Care System Foundation