Within the uber fundraising season, Thursday take on a new face. But Thursday, May 5, was the super-duper fundraising special.
Over in Highland Park behind a massive hedge and a glass wall was Dana Nearburg’s award-winning estate. This home-sweet-home has won the Dallas AIA Design Merit Award, Texas Society of Architects honor award, ASLA Landscape Design Award and International Lighting Award, to name a few.
Okay, so there were garages for eleven vehicles, a two-story pool house described as “one of the Top 10 party houses in the world by ‘Architzer Online Magazine,’” and a fabulous pool between the main digs with a glass-skybridge to the guest quarters over one of the garages. But then there were the little touches like the artist studio in the upper level of the pool house and the fountain in the entry of the main house that is also a Jacuzzi. Dana admitted that the idea of the waterworks seemed odd at first, but then it was perfect for those times when her race car driving ex- (Formula One driver Charlie Nearburg) would return from the track and could relax the moment he walked in the door.
The property was open for the KidneyTexas Auction Cocktail Party thanks to Runway Report Chair McKamy Tiner and her mom Martha Tiner, who was an old Highland Park High School chum of Dana’s. And for once the weather could not have been more perfect for walking the grounds.
Neighbors like Betsy and Guinn Crousen strolled over from their digs just a block away, while others like Emilynn and Claude Wilson, KidneyTexas President Anna Bland Aston, Nikki Nole with Remington Reece, Megan and Andy Meyercord, Lauryn Gayle White, Natalie Taylor, Terri Massad, Linda and Steve Ivy, Di Johnston, Ramona Jones, Vicki Hill and past KidneyTexas President Therese Rourk and her mom Mary Lee Cox used their wheels to arrive.
Among the live auction goodies that auctioneer Louis Murad was collecting bids for were
- Mesero Margarita Party for Twenty at Mesero on Henderson — Your guests will taste some of their favorite margaritas, sample Herradura tequilas, and enjoy trays of passed bites like slow roasted brisket nachos, tiger shrimp ceviche and some of the best guacamole in the city.
- Montana Sporting Club Getaway — Experience the best of a private hunting lodge, dude ranch, fly-fishing club and ski resort, in one location. Four nights, five days at The Montana Sporting Club in a luxury log cabin with three bedrooms and two bathrooms that accommodates 6-8 people.
- Slip away to San Miguel de Allende – Stay four nights in Casa Chiripada del Parque, a sophisticated three bedroom, four bath oasis nestled among stately homes on Juarez Park. Enjoy fine restaurants, galleries, and shopping just steps from your door. Home accommodates up to 6 people.
- The Masters Championship Package — Masters Championship Round with three nights, double occupancy stay (Friday, April 8, 2017 to Monday April 10, 2017) Master’s Tournament badges for Saturday and Sunday, and two round trip airline tickets to Atlanta.
- Kentucky Derby Package for two – Enjoy the 2017 Kentucky Derby with Kentucky Oaks Clubhouse Seating on Friday and Saturday, round trip airfare, and hotel accommodations.
- Argentina Dove Hunt – Head to Cordoba, Argentina to the Five Star Pica Zuro Lodge for four days, three nights. Includes six dove hunts for two hunters; highly trained chefs will provide all meals, wine, beer and spirits – full open bar.
- Dish Preston Hollow — Four-course dinner with wine pairing for six. Chef and sommelier will tailor to your guests’ tastes and dietary needs.