After packing the younger elves off for summer camp and checking elder-type elves in for surgical enhancements, MySweetCharity headquarters continues being hit with all types of news. Forget all those rumors that things were calming down for the summer.
Aware Dallas President Venise Stuart just sent word that plans are already in place for the fundraising Aware Affair gala, “Celebrate the Moments,” on Saturday, April 8, at the Hilton Anatole. Co-chairing the evening of auctions, three-course dinning and dancing to Georgia Bridgewater Orchestra tunes will be Angela Fontana and Andrew Szuwalski and Penny Reid and Thomas Nolan.
Proceeds from the annual soiree will benefit the following programs dealing with Alzheimer’s:
- Center for BrainHealth: Support for research aimed at slowing the rate of cognitive decline in patients with Early Mild Cognitive Impairment;
- Juliette Fowler Homes, Inc.: Support for an expansion in the Art Therapy Program for residents who live with various stages of Alzheimer’s and related dementias;
- NorthPark Presbyterian Church: Support for the Casa de Vida program offering affordable respite care for caregivers of individuals diagnosed with beginning-to-middle stage dementia being cared for at home;
- Presbyterian Communities and Services Foundation: Support for the Grace Caring Fund which provides a safety net for Alzheimer’s and dementia residents experiencing financial hardship ensuring that they can continue living at Grace;
- The Senior Source: Support for Senior Companions (volunteers) to provide independent living services to adults with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias;
- Texas Winds Musical Outreach: Support for Musical Therapy Concerts for Seniors in Priority Facilities;
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center: Support for the Clinical Neurology Fellowship Program.