Wow! Friday is turning into the good-news release day. The folks over at Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center just sent word on who will be honored at the 9th Annual Appetite for Advocacy Luncheon on Tuesday, April 26, at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel.
In addition to Luncheon Co-Chairs Paula Richmond and Megan Steinbach arranging to have author Brené Brown be the keynote speaker, the 2016 Ruth Sharp Altshuler Award will be presented to Capital for Kids, which serves as “a network of individuals and organizations involved in serving the investment management business dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children in need.”
According to Capital for Kids’ Dawn Blankenship, “Capital for Kids is passionate about our mission to support and protect at-risk children in the community. We are grateful for the diligent work of Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center and their commitment to protecting and healing the most vulnerable children in Dallas. The work of DCAC is the pivotal turning point in the lives of these children towards a hopeful path of healing. Capital for Kids has supported DCAC through annual grants totaling over $1.1 million dollars over the last 11 years. On behalf of the Capital for Kids board of directors, we are honored to receive the Ruth Sharp Altshuler Award and deeply appreciative of the partnership with DCAC. DCAC is the perfect representative of our mission to support these children as they navigate life beyond abuse to healing and strength.”
Receiving the Bill Walsh Award will be DCAC Chief of Coordination and Training Irish Burch, whose “desire and passions for protecting and improving the lives of child abuse victims and their families” has been in place for mover than 23 years.
According to the Children Abuse Unit of the Dallas Police Department Detective Corey Foreman, “I believe Irish deserves this award because she embodies the spirit of DCAC. Each day she makes a constant effort to bring all DCAC employees and partner agencies together in order to better serve the children of North Texas.”
Sponsors that have already lined up include the following:
- Presenting Sponsor: PlainsCapital Bank;
- Award Sponsor: KPMG;
- Healing Sponsors: Ruth and Ken Altshuler, Frost Bank, Kara and Randall Goss;
- Survivor Sponsors: Ashford, Catherine Enrico, The Marilyn and Sonny Oates Foundation, Mary Blake and Chuck Meadows/Leah and Jim Pasant;
- Resiliency Sponsors: Brenham Capital Management, Katherine and Ken Bullock, Michelle Chase and Elliot Zimmer, Cooper & Scully P.C., EMJ Construction, Shelly Emmanuel, Kristy and Raymond Faus, freshbenies, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, Dawn and Bill Hennessey, Kristen and Bill Howell, Donna Malouf, Melinda Cheney Mathes, Millet the Printer Inc., Minda and Gary Moor, Pollard Resource Holdings LP, PwC, Paula and Michael Richmond, Debbie and Ric Scripps, Sharon and Robert Van Cleave and Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker LLP.
* Graphics and photo provided by Dallas Children's Advocacy Center