With the Dallas Museum of Art’s Art Ball 2016: Art+Architecture just a month away, Co-Chairs Ann and David Sutherland have just announced some of the deets and 2016 sponsors locked down. Yes, the black-tie gala will be held on Saturday, April 23, at the DMA with the seated supper in a huge tent on the DMA Plaza.
And, yes, there will be a silent auction with Gonzalo Bueno chairing the lineup that will include “a Red Tokyo chaise longue designed by Charlotte Perriand in 1940 and a Scarpa Table from Dennis and Leen.”
And, yes, there will a live auction with Christie’s Americas President Brook Hazelton in charge. As for the goodies, leave it to blue-eyed Trisha Wilson, who has already gathered up “an African safari, Napa Valley wine country getaway and a Rebecca Warren sculpture.”
But according to insider sources, event guru Todd Fiscus has been hard at work coming up with “some new surprises.” And, no, there are no plans to have the crane topple on the grounds again this year.
Plus, the DMA’s Junior Associates are launching the new Eagle Family Plaza with Folly at the Art Ball, as the after-party. But you already knew that.
According to Ann, “David and I are tremendously excited about Art Ball 2016. The Dallas Museum of Art is an incredibly important asset to our city, and we look forward to supporting the Museum through this fantastic event.”
As for the peeps, foundations and companies supporting with ca-ching and in-kind support, here is the roll out:
Art Ball 2016 sponsors include:
- Entertainment Sponsor ($150,000): Nancy C. and Richard R. Rogers
- Silent Auction Sponsor ($50,000): Jennifer and John Eagle and John Eagle Dealerships
- Patron Party Sponsor ($50,000): Forty Five Ten and The Joule Hotel
- After Party Sponsor ($30,000): Stanley Korshak
- Security Sponsor ($25,000): Sidley Austin LLP
- Luxury Auction Sponsor ($25,000): Christie’s
- Invitation Sponsor ($25,000): Dallas Art Fair
- Travel Sponsor ($25,000): Durham Family Foundation
- Catalogue/Program Sponsor ($25,000): Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Financial Services Sponsor ($25,000): J.P. Morgan
- Red Carpet Sponsor ($25,000): Neiman Marcus
- Communication Sponsor ($15,000): AT&T
- Menu Sponsor ($15,000): Bank of America
- Moving and Delivery Sponsor ($15,000): Delivery Limited, Inc.
- Luxury Retail Sponsor ($15,000): NorthPark Center
- Automotive Raffle Sponsor: Park Place Jaguar
- In-Kind Sponsors include: Belvedere Vodka, Glazer’s Distributors, Hennessy Cognac, Modern Luxury Dallas, My Sweet Charity, Perennials, Pogo’s Wine & Spirits, Ruinart, Southwest Limousines and Todd Events
Art Ball 2016 Patrons include:
- Andrea Palladio ($75,000): Olya Sinitsyna and Andy Beal
- Mies Van Der Rohe ($55,000): Allen and Kelli Questrom and Ann and David Sutherland
- Le Corbusier ($45,000): Charlie and Moll Anderson Family Foundation, Georgina Hartland/Thomas and Nasiba Hartland Mackie, The Eugene McDermott Foundation, Cindy and Howard Rachofsky and Marguerite Hoffman, Catherine and Will Rose and Deedie Rose
- Louis Kahn ($30,000): Nancy and Clint Carlson, The Dedman Foundation, Laura and Walter Elcock, Ann and Lee Hobson and Peggy and Carl Sewell/The Sewell Automotive Companies
- Antonio Gaudi ($20,000): Arthur J. Gallagher & Co./Cigna/One America, Gonzalo Bueno/Michael McCray/Robert Hallam Jr./Mitchell and Christina Sayare/Allan Knight and Cearan Henley, Lisa and Clay Cooley, Holly Hunt, Interceramic Inc., Mary Kay Inc., MDW Studio/Staffelbach, Lyn and John Muse c/o The Muse Educational Foundation and Connie and Marc Sigel/Elements
- Frank Lloyd Wright ($15,000): Claire Dewar, Melissa and Trevor Fetter, Scott Ginsburg, Julie and Ed Hawes, Cynthia and Forrest Miller and Gayle and Paul Stoffel
- Marcel Breuer ($10,000): Ola and Randall Fojtasek, Fanchon and Howard Hallam, Jennifer and Tom Karol, Lock Lord LLP, Wendy and Bill Payne, Vin and Caren Prothro Foundation, Jan and Jim Showers, Tolleson Wealth Management, Merry and Chad Vose and Sharon and Michael Young