Mad Hatter’s Tea Chair Jocelyn White has been pounding away at her iPad with news about the Thursday, April 21st chapeau show-off benefiting the Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum and A Woman’s Garden.
Already established are Honorary Chair Connie Carreker and fashions on the runway courtesy of Tootsies. And, yes, it will start off with a champagne reception in the Ginsburg Plaza followed by the program in Rosine Hall and a seated lunch under a tent in the Outdoor Plaza overlooking the Arboretum grounds.
Now, Joce has revealed this year’s categories in which guests will compete. Talk about true to this year’s theme — Steel Magnolias! Hat designers have been awaiting this news, so here goes:
- Most True-To-Theme: Magnolias in ev’ry incarnation. Faux or real.
- The Southern Belle: Shelby’s girly-girl look. Can you say pink?
- Simply Elegant: Beautifully chic! If Audrey Hepburn had been Southern…
- Mother Nature Winks: Makin’ Mama Nature proud with the best use of her bounty.
- The Social Sorority: Best Sisterhood (Brotherhood?) award. We come in groups.
- Miss Merry Christmas: Crowns, tiaras, headdresses. Oh, my stars!
- What Was She Thinking?: The Ouiser Boudreaux Award. It’s what YOU think!
- Best Of Show/People’s Choice: Self-explanatory. The Steel Magnolia. Best of the best!
Now that the hats are being thought up, think about reserving a mini-bus to transport you and your pals. Last year’s limos just didn’t seem to have enough head room for those top-notch masterpieces.
And if sponsorship is your POA, Patricia Armstrong is handling ‘em.