There are tears and cheers being experienced through the area this evening. After a marathon meeting of the Crystal Charity Ball membership with presentations by hopeful nonprofits, the 2016 CCB beneficiaries have just been announced to share in a goal of $5,650,258.
- Captain Hope’s Kids/Hope Supply Co. ($600,000) for Hope for Homeless Children
- Community Partners of Dallas ($1,359,236) for A Forever Home for Community Partners
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas ($976,000) STEM Center for Excellence Girl Exploration Center
- Notre Dame School ($676,020) for Hearts and Hammers Campaign
- Parkland Foundation ($789,002) for Mobile Medical Clinic/Pediatric Screening
- Teach for America ($500,000) for Elementary Education Initiative
- The Family Place ($750,000) for Children’s Counseling Center
The months of coordinating the monumental process of charity selection was supervised by Helen Holman.
The funds will result from the year-long fundraising efforts of the 100 CCB committee members under the leadership of Ball Chair Christie Carter and Underwriting Chair Claire Emanuelson. The 2016 CCB will take place on Saturday, December 3, at the Hilton Anatole.