The Junior Achievement of Dallas is starting off the first official full week of December with great news. According to JA President Jan Murfield, plans for the 18th Annual Dallas Business Hall of Fame dinner have been revealed.
This year’s inductees are a stellar group with names so familiar to boldface followers. They are Craig Hall, Chairman and Founder of HALL Group; Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Senior Counsel of Bracewell & Giuliani; Ron Kirk, Senior Counsel of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Richard K. Templeton, Chairman/ President/CEO of Texas Instruments.
Event Chair Kent Eastman of Capital One will be joined by honorary co-chairs: former Southwest Airlines greats Colleen Barrett and Herb Kelleher.
The dinner will take place at the Hyatt Regency on Friday, April 8.
Jan said, “We are very excited about our 2016 Honorees and are looking forward to telling their story and adding them to our stellar list of role models and mentors for the thousands of young people that we work with in this community. Their daily leadership and contributions to the Dallas business and philanthropic landscape have transformed our community and paved the way for young people, our future business leaders, to succeed.”
The class of 2016 will be joining with a pretty heady crowd including:
- 1999 – Robert H. Dedman Sr., Ebby Halliday, Herbert D. Kelleher
- 2000 – Ray L. Hunt, Liz Minyard, Carl Sewell
- 2001 – Norman Brinker, F. Trammell Crow, Erle Nye
- 2002 – Mary Kay Ash, Comer Cottrell, Caroline Rose Hunt
- 2003 – Robert Crandall, Joseph M. Haggar Jr., Ron Steinhart, John Stemmons
- 2004 – Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper, Stanley Marcus, Raymond D. Nasher, Jim L. Turner
- 2005 – Al Casey, Ross Perot, Roger Staubach
- 2006 – Tom Engibous, Jim Keyes, Phil Romano
- 2007 – Colleen Barrett, Thomas O. Hicks, T. Boone Pickens
- 2008 – Lucy Billingsley, Gerald J. Ford, J. Erik Jonsson, Michael H. Jordan
- 2009 – Garrett Boone, Kip Tindell, Richard W. Fisher, Walter J. Humann, Vin Prothro
- 2010 – Elaine B. Agather, Albert C. Black, Thomas M. Dunning, Stan Richards
- 2011 – Michael M. Boone, Joseph M. (Jody) Grant, Thomas C. Leppert, Rodger R. Meier
- 2012 – Jack Lowe Jr., R. Gerald Turner, Trisha Wilson
- 2013 – Karen Katz, Bobby B. Lyle, Trevor Rees-Jones
- 2014 – Ralph W. Babb Jr., Randall L. Stephenson, John C. Tolleson
- 2015 – Joel T. Allison, Louis A. Beecherl Jr., Doug Brooks, David B. Miller
Funds go to helping JA “continue to provide life-changing programs for students throughout Dallas. Junior Achievement’s vision for the future is to provide business role models, basic business skills and financial literacy to 100% of the most at-risk students — changing the lives of students who need JA’s transformational curriculum in order to find their pathway to success.”