If there’s a holiday, the Dallas Arboretum is going to dress the place up in the right way to celebrate for young, old and those who can’t decide what age they are.
And for this 4th of July, have they got a deal for every age group. From Friday, July 3 through Monday, July 6, everybody gets in for $5! Well, almost everybody. Those active and retired members of the armed services get in free, but they’ll have to have proper ID proof at the door.
The really, truly great news is that you can also get into Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden for just $3 and, boy, do they have plans for Rory Meyers during the unofficial four-day holiday wingding. Here goes:
Friday, July 3 thru Sunday, July 5
- 9 a.m. – Craft Corner: The Stars and Stripes (Main Entry Plaza)
- 9 a.m. – Patriotic Scavenger Hunt (Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden)
- 10 a.m. – Storytime (Petroglyph Walk Pergola)
- 10:30 a.m. – Puppet Show: Finding My Way Home (Glade Puppet Theater)
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – Elephant Toothpaste (Exploration Center Plant Lab)
- 11:30 a.m. – Puppet Show: Finding My Way Home (Glade Puppet Theater)
- 12 p.m. – Red, White and Fruit (Incredible Edible Garden)
- 2 p.m. – Eddie the Eagle: Our Nation’s Emblem (Exploration Center)
- 2:30 p.m. – OmniGlobe Presentation: A Star Spangled Galaxy (OmniGlobe Theater)
Monday, July 6
- 10 a.m. – Little Adventures Activities (First Adventure)
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – H2Osmosis (Exploration Center Plant Lab)
- 11:30 a.m. – Tadpole Feedings (Exploration Center)
- 2 p.m. – Mega Metamorphosis (Texas Native Wetlands)
- 2:30 p.m. – OmniGlobe Presentation (OmniGlobe Theater)
If you’ve heard about but haven’t ventured into Rory Meyers, this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for. There are activities and you’re gonna get it as such a bargain! Suggestion: Go early and you’ll feel the breezes coming off White Rock and discover the wonderment that others have been talking about. And if you don’t have a kiddo to escort you around, that’s okay. Adults seem to become kids when entering Rory’s garden, too.
BTW, sorry but no fireworks. The Arboretum closes at 5 p.m. and the gardens need their sleep time.
* Photo provided by the Dallas Arboretum