The Art Ball is less than three weeks away and the news is start to pour in about the 50th anniversary celebration — Art Ball 50: Self-Portrait. Gala Chair Nancy Carlson has been working around the clock on the Saturday, April 11, black-tie fundraiser at the Dallas Museum of Art.
First of all, why the theme? According to Nancy, “The story of Art Ball is really the story of the Museum as it has changed and grown to national prominence over the last 50 years. I wanted this year’s theme to be related to art and reflection, looking back at the past 50 years and forward to a very bright future.”
Of course, there will be the expected multi-course seated dinner, live auction and luxury pop-up shop.
As for newsier stuff, how about the evening’s entertainment? It’s gonna be gal-power. With underwriting by Nancy C. and Richard Rogers, “old-school jazz” babe Kitty Carmichael will be performing during dinner.
Other Art Ball 50 sponsors include:
- Luxury Auction Sponsor ($100,000): Forty Five Ten
- Dinner Sponsor ($50,000): Peggy and Carl Sewell/ Sewell Automotive Companies
- Auction Sponsor ($50,000): Christie’s
- After Party Sponsor ($50,000): Jennifer and John Eagle/ John Eagle Dealerships
- Young Artist’s Program Sponsor ($50,000): The Gene and Jerry Jones Family
- Financial Services Sponsor ($50,000): J.P. Morgan
- Invitation Sponsor ($25,000): Chubb Personal Insurance, Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty, Ginger Nobles and Susan Baldwin
- Announcement Party Sponsor ($25,000): Grange Hall
- Art Fair Sponsor ($25,000): Dallas Art Fair
- Red Carpet Sponsor ($25,000): Neiman Marcus
- Security Sponsor ($25,000): Sidley Austin, LLP
- Moving and Delivery Sponsor ($15,000): Delivery Limited, Inc.
- In-Kind Sponsors Include: The Joule Hotel, Moët Hennessy USA/ Belvedere/ Ruinart, Todd Events, Pogo’s Wine & Spirits, Modern Luxury Dallas and MySweetCharity
- Art Ball Underwriters include:
- Dreamer ($100,000): Nancy and Clint Carlson
- Builder ($50,000): Claire Dewar
- Scholar ($35,000): Georgina Hartland/ Nasiba and Thomas Hartland Mackie, Catherine and Will Rose and Deedie and Rusty Rose
- Obsessive ($25,000): AT&T, Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller, Mary Anne and Richard Cree, The Dedman Foundation, Heidi and William Dillon, Laura and Walter Elcock, Joyce Goss and Kenny Goss, Elisabeth and Richard Grant/ Gloria and Juan Ernesto Snead, Julie and Ed Hawes/ Ann and David Sutherland, Julie and Ken Hersh, Ann and Lee Hobson, Harry H. Lynch, Mary Kay Inc., Margot and Ross Perot and Cindy and Howard Rachofsky
- Insomniac ($15,000): Melanie and Tim Byrne, Ola and Randall Fojtasek, Gina and Scott Ginsburg, Jennifer and Tom Karol, Cynthia and Forrest Miller, Kelli and Allen Questrom and Gayle and Paul Stoffel
- Eccentric ($10,000): Bank of America, Bowdon Family Foundation, Christian Dior Couture, The Eiseman Families, Fanchon and Howard Hallam, Marguerite Steed Hoffman, Locke Lord LLP, The M.O.B. Family Foundation, Vin and Caren Prothro Foundation, The Rosewood Corporation, U.S. Risk Insurance Group, Inc./ Kara and Randall Goss and Sharon and Michael Young
* Photos provided by Art Ball 50: Self-Portrait