According to Côtes du Coeur Event Chair Kate Rose Marquez,
My goals are:
- “To help people know that 1 in 3 people die of heart disease – 1 in 3.
- “To raise awareness that heart disease is preventable 80% of the time.
- “To be well enough that I don’t have to drill my daughter and sons on how to dial 911.
- “To be able to say to my children, ‘Sure!’ instead of ‘No, Mommy better not.’
- “To raise more money than ever for Côtes du Coeur, Dallas’ Heart Ball and the number one gala for The American Heart Association in the United States that supports research and education for heart disease.
- “To educate people on the warning signs of a heart attack and stroke, and that symptoms are different for women and men. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/WarningSignsofaHeartAttack/Heart-Attack-Symptoms-in-Women_UCM_436448_Article.jsp“