The MySweetCharity community is non-busy today. While we’re grateful for the many blessings that have been bestowed upon North Texas, we’re also reflecting on the challenges that have confronted the area. From the loss of Michael Eric Duncan to the rumblings of the ground beneath our feet, this year has once again tested our ability to rise to the occasion.
Today is also a day of appreciation. There are so many people who deserve a piece of the MySweetCharity thank-you pie including:
- The fundraisers, who work tirelessly for their missions
- The philanthropists, who open their pocketbooks and share their bounty
- Those, who have never asked for charity and are confronted with the reality of being one of the needy
- The PUPR (Put-Upon-Public-Relations) folks, who have put up with GQ (Grumpy Queenie) with smiles and wrinkled brows
- The valet parkers, who face the brutality of the summer’s heat and the winter’s slipping-and-sliding ice
- The countless servers, who make each meal happen despite an occasional “oop’s” in the program
- The MySweetCharity subscribers, who wake up to their MSC e-blast with a cup of java and a sense of humor.
Thank you for putting up with us. Happy Thanksgiving.