This report from the field came in about the Greer Garson Gala:
“Texas Health Resources Foundation hosted donors and community leaders for a regal evening on April 26 at the Omni Hotel Dallas. With 350 attendees, the 2014 Greer Garson Gala, themed “A Royal Affair,” transported guests across the pond to England for dinner, dancing and royal fun.
“The Greer Garson Gala supports the Margot Perot Center for Women and Infants at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. Guests showed an abundance of generosity by playing at the charitable casino tables, bidding in the silent and live auctions, and enjoying purchases from the wine pull and royal surprise bags. Through ticket sales, sponsorships and the gala’s fundraising events, the event raised more than $250,000.
“Attendees viewed a testimonial video featuring chairs Keri Tonn and David Heard, Kelly and Chuck Crider and Mary Ellen and William Kendall. Each of the three families navigated difficult circumstances surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and shared personal stories from their experiences at the Margot Perot Center for Women and Infants at Texas Health Dallas. The video is available to view on the Texas Health Resources Foundation Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TexasHealthFoundation.
“’My husband David and I were so honored to be a part of this great tradition,’ said 2014 Greer Garson Gala chair Keri Tonn. ‘We’ve always known it to be true, but it was inspiring to see how generous Dallasites are to their community and to critical needs at Texas Health Dallas. We are grateful for their giving hearts and also for the tireless dedication that the entire volunteer committee put forth over the past year.’
“Dinner was exclusively designed by Omni’s chef Bryce Dahlgren and pastry chef Kristina Kent, and included all-day cabernet braised short rib with a creamy lobster couscous and chocolate molten cake with infused Chantilly crème and warm berry coulis. Hard Nights Day, Dallas’ premier Beatles cover band, kept guests dancing until the evening concluded. A photo booth complete with royal props was also a popular attraction at the gala.
“Texas Health Resources Foundation is proud to recognize the generous sponsors of the 2014 Greer Garson Gala, including:
- “The Tiffany Yellow Diamond: Bank of Texas; Nancy Ann and Ray Hunt
- “The Taylor-Burton Diamond: Commerce House, Insight Complete Eye Care – Dr. and Mrs. Ivan Bank, Ashlee and Chris Kleinert, Mr. and Mrs. William Seanor and Westwood Trust
- “The Cora Sun-Drop Diamond: Curry Printing. OB On Call and Women’s Healthcare Center, Presbyterian Heart & Vascular Group, Radiology Associates of North Texas, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Texas Health Resources and Walnut Hill OB/GYN
- “The Star of India: Gardere Wynne Sewell, Locke Lord LLP, Pediatrix Medical Group of Texas Vollero Beach Capital Partners
- “The Taj Mahal Diamond: Atlas Anesthesia, Kelly and Chuck Crider, DLA Piper LLP (US), KDC Real Estate,LegacyTexas Bank, Nanci and Len Mackenzie and Mr. and Mrs. Larry Tonn
- “Donors: Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper, Dr. and Mrs. Henry Estess, Leslie Johnson, Mrs. Christine G. Langston, Madeline and Brian Robison and Robert White
- “Media Sponsors: NBC-5 and PaperCity Magazine”
* Photos provided by Texas Health Resources Foundation