You know those celebrities Q&A’s? You know. The ones that ask questions like, “If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be?” Well, there’s one favorite question that always seems to pop up — “Who would you have at your fantasy dinner?
The answer is usually a dead relative, a religious icon, a political figure and/or a movie star.
But let’s get real. At least, that’s what the Visiting Nurse Association will be doing for its annual “Legends & Leaders” dinner on Wednesday, March 26, at the Hilton Anatole.
Chair Lynn McBee is lining up some super-duper boldfacer types to hosts tables. Then guests get to select the table and host with whom they want to sup and chat.
They’re not letting the list out yet, but thanks to insider information, here is a teaser of those you just might want to spend the evening with and potential topics:
- Ruth Altshuler — Has she ever thought of being a nighttime talk show host?
- Brent Christopher — How many bow ties does he have?
- Donald Clampitt — Does he think there’s a future for Ereaders?
- Mary Jalonick — What was the most interesting grant request you ever received?
- Ashlee and Chris Kleinert — Can you personally drive a food truck?
- Paula Lambert — Is there really a run on Velveeta?
- Sharon Lyle — Why didn’t she like growing up in Dallas? (She loves Dallas now.)
- Kent Rathbun — Who does the cooking in his household?
- Stan Richards — What is his favorite ad that he didn’t produce?
- Nicole Small — Did she like dinosaurs as a kid?
And while name-dropping is part of this event’s hoop-la, Roger Horchow and his family are the honorary chairs. And you just know when the Horchows are in the house, it’s a memory maker.
If, by chance, you choose Lynn’s table, ask her about her new job.
* Graphic provided by Visiting Nurse Association