With the upcoming Home Tour taking place on Sunday, December 8, New Friends New Life Executive Director Katie Pedigo hasn’t had time to drop the announcement letters in the mail yet. But we did want you to be the first to know! It will be great news to spread at your Thanksgiving dinner.
Guess who is going to be the featured speaker for the New Friend New Life’s Wings Luncheon on Friday, April 11, at the Anatole?
Well, Co-Chairs Pat McEvoy and Angela Nash along with Honorary Co-Chairs Lee Ann White and Michael Fowler and Underwriting Chair Shelle Sills have arranged to have. . . no, wait! That would be too easy just to print the name. Let’s give you some hints and see if you can guess.
- Her former stepfather played Tarzan.
- She was known for flying around above the heads of her sisters.
- Won an Academy Award.
- Played a U.S. President’s wife.
- Best known quote: “ . . . And I can’t deny the fact that you like me. . . right now. . . you like me. Thank you.”
The answers follow the jump!
Academy Award winner Sally Field will be the featured speaker at the Wings Luncheon.
As for the hints, here are the answers:
- Stepfather was Jock Mahoney
- She played the “Flying Nun” on television from 1967 to 1970.
- Won an Oscar for her performance as Norma Rae Webster in “Norma Rae.”
- Was Abraham Lincoln’s wife, Mary Todd, in “Lincoln.”
- Quote was from her Academy Award acceptance speech for “Norma Rae.”
Photo provided by New Friends New Life